" My goal as a photographer is to create art and document the traits that define us as individuals. I have an inherent passion for conceptualizing and photographing people, interiors, and food. Working with myself will lead to a brilliant photographic experience, one of a kind artwork, and memories that will last a lifetime. " Sean Thomas Ackley
Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, MA (2002-2007)
Bachelor of Fine Arts
PlanOmatic brings your real estate listings to life with full-service photography and floor plans.
• Create and produce photo-shoots for clientele aiming to develop specific marketing and sales media
• Lead Photographer shooting and building detailed floor plans of Fairfield County homes on the market
• Address the concerns of the homeowners and realtors in a professional and comfortable manner, while effectively communicating with heads of staff to solve any challenges on-site or in production
• Digitally edit images to specific agents’ needs
• Maintain client relationships in the company’s highest grossing region (responsible for 70% of company revenue) as the most requested photographer in Fairfield County
• Expand other aspects of the PlanOmatic brand by developing the headshot/event services of O'hello Media division
Photographer/ Maitre d (2010-2015)
The Whelk and Lefarm
Upmarket choice featuring sustainable food & local produce served in cozy surroundings.
• Photographed food and events, as well as organized creative work for press and publications, for the high-end restaurants specializing in local and sustainable food
• Managed customers’ needs while communicating with floor staff, Chef de Cuisine, Manager of Operations and owners to ensure brand quality and first-class experiences
• Organized and maintained daily administrative duties
• Helped facilitate the establishment of the new restaurant The Whelk
• Between 2010 and 2012, Lefarm became a certified “Green” restaurant. During 2010-2012 Lefarm won: “Best of Fairfield County,” Best Restaurant and Best Chef, 2011. “Connecticut Magazine,” Best Restaurant by County and State, 2012. “Westport Magazine,” Best American Restaurant and Creative Menu, 2012. Chef Bill Taibe of Lefarm and Whelk was nominated for 2 James Beard awards, 2011-2012, Best Chef Northeast.
Regional Senior Photographer (2007 – 2011)
Venture, New Generation Portraits
Photography studio specializing in contemporary lifestyle photography.
• Personal sales exceeded 1.8 million dollars between 2007-2011
• Facilitated establishment of three, New England based flagship stores, generating over $3.5 Million dollars in 2009.
• Liaised directly with heads of all departments such as advertising, digital, creative, sales and marketing.
• Maintained communication with Corporate Headquarters in the UK.
• Responsible for producing photo shoots, client relationships, studio and equipment maintenance.
• Coordinated with studio manager and style directors to run the studio, managing teams of photographers and digital artists.
• Communicated and motivated team, through meetings to ensure a positive atmosphere at each studio to drive productivity.
• Developed the brand through photographic and creative growth while also shooting for specific marketing media
• Drove and achieved sales targets through consistent contact with current and potential clients, fulfilling customers’ creative needs and taking the initiative to prevent and resolve common issues.
Photo Editor (2007)
Weekly newspaper covering local-interest stories and community events.
• Worked directly with the production department and writers to develop articles and stories, continually working to successfully meet deadlines.
• Briefed and hired photographers for photos to accompany the various events covered by the newspaper.
• Maintained relationships with local dignitaries such as the fire chief, governors, mayors, police chief, elected officials in order to get necessary quotes for the publication, as well following through with inside knowledge of local politics and events.
• Photographed multiple events for weekly publications